This morning I had a dream that the Mr got me a fluffy little orange and white kitten. I was more than just a little sad when I woke up kitten-less.
bransdancepants asked: Honestly, you were my only thirst follow :) But now I follow you 'cause you're awesome, and bad ass, and funny, and just a great person. <3
Reblog if you want one of these in your askbox:
- A compliment
- A story
- Why you follow me
- If you met me what would you do
- A cute message
- One thing you want to tell me
- One thing you want to know about me
yarnandchocolate asked: The only person I have ever punched in the face was a boy in sixth grade who grabbed my butt. He was 6 inches taller than me and I had to swing up, but I left the imprint of my panda coin ring on his cheek. These days I probably would get expelled for doing it, but I've always been proud of myself. I intend to teach my daughters the same. ~D
I’ve only ever hit one person as well. My abusive/rapist ex boyfriend and I were fighting one night, screaming at one another as loud as we possibly could. He insisted I’d feel better if I hit him. I said no. (Coincidentally he’s the one who taught me how to throw a proper punch.) He kept insisting, hit me, hit me, hit me. Finally I’d had enough. I swung as hard as I could aiming for his jaw. He pulled back just enough that I clipped his nose and blood sprayed everywhere. We went to class the next morning and everyone asked about his 2 black eyes. They were all proud of me for standing up to him. I moved out that day.
I hope my daughter has the confidence never to settle for a man like that. I hope I can teach her how to say no, how to stand up for herself, and be the strong woman I wish I had been in my teens and early 20’s.
I’m teaching my boys to be respectful gentlemen and if I ever find they’ve behaved otherwise there will be hell to pay.
I was tagged by rise-from-ashes-violent-clashes1
Rules: List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t overthink it. Tag 10 people and also tag the person who tagged you. Ready?
- House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
- Weaveworld also Clive Barker
- What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson
- I am Legend also Richard Matheson (I didn’t realize til just now that both books are by the same author)
- Odd Thomas and the entire series by Dean Kootz
- My life in France by Julia Child & Alex Prud’Homme
- DomiKNITrix [Whip your knitting into shape] by Jennifer Stafford
- Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach
For the life of me I can’t come up with a tenth book. Maybe I’ll edit one in later.